Pickaxe is looking for talented data analyst who enjoys storytelling, has business common sense, and enjoys using their analysis to help drive a product roadmap.
Pickaxe is an insights platform; we connect to our customers existing data, partners and tools, we analyze the data via proprietary machine learning and statistical analysis systems and provide our customers with real time insights that help them understand the so what and now what about their business.
We’re looking for Data Analyst to join our team; you’ll do everything from traditional data analysis and story telling, to writing requirements and guidelines for machine learning models. More specifically you will:
– Work closely with our clients over time to understand their pain points, help translate that into queries and models you can run against their data, and tell stories based on the results.
– Identify key insights that aren’t being tracked and predicted and help broaden our coverage of what we analyze
– Assist QA with making sure what we show our clients is impeccably accurate and easily understandable
– Collaborate with the design and development team to make adjustments to current models, presentation layers, and queries running in production.
• You’re proactive, entrepreneurial, and collaborative; you can work well with cross functional teams of Product/Dev/QA and clients, you can spot gaps, and can manage your own work stream.
• You’ve got 4+ years of work experience in data analysis, including defining KPIs for websites, apps, commerce, media, or advertising.
• You’ve been a subject matter expert on tools like Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Mixpanel, Heap, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Google Search console, billing systems, etc. You won’t use them all, but you have to feel comfortable understanding how different data collection systems work and how you might match up data between multiple systems.
• Experience with database analysis is a strong plus (R, SQL, BigQuery, Python)
• Clear understanding of concepts and application of statistics, predictive analytics and machine learning, and a desire to learn more
• Experience in business analytics; you’ve reported on and evaluated site performance, marketing campaigns, programmatic media platforms, optimization tests, CRM, and social analytics
• Interest in using AI to solve business challenges, including Natural Language Processing (NLP), machine vision, and deep learning techniques
This job is primarily remote. Some travel to New York may be required.